These are additional resources for families and teachers.
AR (Accelerated Reader) - Students can take tests at home. After students sign-in to classlink have them choose the Renaissance Learning App. Students can also go to this link: https://hosted101.renlearn.com/273741/
Username: Lunch #
Password: student initials
If you get an error message of: "ClassLink Browser Extension not installed o(r enabled" please click on install and it should work.
(Free) Books Online
From the WSD website
Go to Parents & Students tab
Select Sora / Overdrive
Log in with Student ID as user name
and Last Name is Password.
There are over 14,000 ebooks
Khan Academy (Math lessons): https://www.khanacademy.org/
Games with Playing Cards:
Log-in: school login
password: school password
Passion Project/Genius Hour - Have your child research something they are really interested in - it could be about science or history...a question they've always had...the ideas are endless.
This article contains easy steps to get started!
Social Studies - Have your child learn more about history - Here is a link to the standards by grade level: https://www.cde.ca.gov/be/st/ss/documents/histsocscistnd.pdf
Movement, Songs and Brain Breaks:
Scholastic Homebase- - https://kids.scholastic.com/kids/games/
Enrichment Activities - Below are some ideas to do during this "school at home" time:
- Take Virtual Field Trips - Just google and there are many! Museums, zoos, 7 Wonders of the World, etc
- Write Letters to friends and family and mail them! Write letters to seniors in retirement homes since they can't have visitors right now - mail them!
- Learn a 2nd language - lots of apps available for you to try! Sign Language is a good one to learn!
- Have students cook with you - teach them about fractions, reading a recipe, following directions, etc.
- Learn the basics to run a household - budget, wash clothes, take care of the lawn, balance the checkbook, etc.